I made a lot of last minute changes to this sweater but I'm really happy with how it turned out. Immediately after casting on I was nervous about the size of the neckline and when I unpinned it after blocking my fears were confirmed - the neck was massive. It would sit on my shoulders but just and I know that I would have been spending lots of time adjusting things. Since I loved everything else I needed a fix that would let me keep everything else intact so I ran a piece of yarn along the neck and pulled it in a touch.
I really like the depth of the new neckline, summery but not so loose that I'll be worried all the time. For some reason once it was time to add the buttons I decided that one was better than three so I also closed the other two button holes. I have a feeling that I'll be waring this sweater open over tank tops and going lighter on the buttons works with that a bit better I think. I added waist shaping and I don't regret the decision one bit. The fabric just skims along instead of flopping loosely at the waist - not a good look for me. All of the extra stitches were removed from the pattern repeats under my arms and I don't think it's very noticeable unless you stare intently and count.
I'm not really sure what else there is to say about this sweater but can I just say taking the pictures was funny. I was too impatient to wait for help so I set up the timer on the camera and went for it. For some reason the angle the worked for the picture of the back was off when I went to take a picture of the front. Being resourceful I got out a mixing bowl and stood on it, not so smart. Not only are there quite a few takes where I'm leaning oddly even the nice one looks like I've amazingly grown quite a bit taller.
Just in case...